Children enhance their literacy skills by,
- Engages with, listens to, and responds to a variety of texts. eg-fiction, non-fiction, poetry multi-media texts with familiarly and understanding of their format.
- Explores texts from a range of different perspectives and begin to analyze the meanings.
- Engage in activities that involve the representation of meaning in response to a text, eg- re-telling, drawing, painting, music, sculpture, dance, symbolic play, and role-play.
- Actively uses, engages with, and shares his/her enjoyment of language and literature.
- Listen to and respond to children’s approximations of words.
- Model language and encourage children to express themselves through language in a range of contexts and for a range of purposes.
- Engage in sustained communication with children about ideas and experiences and extend their vocabulary.