Introducing Yoga to children at an early age can support them to learn healthy lifestyle habits and set the foundation for a fit future. Yoga develops health and wellbeing (physical, emotional, mental, and social) through regular practice including postures and movement, relaxation and concentration, breath awareness and breathing exercises, self-inquiry, and meditation. It also teaches children to be calm, while gaining awareness of the bodies, discipline, and self-control.
Some of the vital benefits of Yoga are,
- Improves balance, alignment, and coordination with the practice of postures
- Help to develop the right balance of muscle tone and strength throughout the body to support the joints
- Help children to develop a positive image of their body and an awareness of how to look after it.
- Increases attention span and improves concentration
- Increases confidence with a speech in interactive parts of the stories and improves vocal ability as the voice is exercised in tandem with postures.
- Children get better at dealing with anxiety and stress because they learn to incorporate relaxation and breathing techniques into daily life.
In the beginning, we start by adding a few yoga poses during group time or during transitions, or before rest time. We encourage children to do the posture the right way. Some of our experiences include,
- Breathing Exercise
- Stretching Exercise
- Animal Yoga Poses